I just joined a baking group called "Creative Cookie Exchange". A group of dedicated cookie bakers. Every month this group is given a theme for our monthly cookie bake, we post on Tuesday following the 15th of each month.
This months theme is Cinnamon! Awhile back ago I came across this recipe while I was searching for the Ultimate Polvoron recipe. I have made these in the past and while pleased with previous recipes it wasn't exactly what I was searching for. I wanted a more authentic cookie recipe.
Thank goodness I came across "Mexico in my Kitchen"! Her recipe was a great success! My quest is over, I can rest assure no other recipe can beat the authenticity of this one.
Keeping in mind our theme for the month I tweaked the recipe by adding 2 teaspoons of cinnamon and decreasing the vanilla to 1 teaspoon, and omitting the zest. I gave them a dusting of powdered sugar after they were completely cooled.
For the recipe please visit "Mexico in my Kitchen".
- Browned Butter Snickerdoodles by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Cinnamon Chocolate Star Cookies by Baking Yummies
- Cinnamon Crunch Cookies by 2 Cookin' Mamas
- Cinnamon Dusted Orange Icebox Cookies by The Spiced Life
- Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies with White Chocolate Glaze by Our Good Life
- Cinnamon Pecan Elephant Ears by Noshing With The Nolands
- Cinnamon Roll Cookies by A Baker's House
- Cinnamon Sugar Cookies by Magnolia Days
- Cinnamon Waffle Cookies by A Shaggy Dough Story
- Cinnamon Walnut Icebox Cookies by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Cream Cheese Cinnamon Roll Cookies by Food Lust People Love
- Polvorones by Oven Delights
- Speculoos (Dutch Windmill Cookies) by Upstate Ramblings