I'm not fond of roll out cookies. I don't have the patience to refrigerate the dough, or the patience to roll them out. And quite frankly I make a huge mess. HUGE.
Or maybe it could just be that I have limited counter space. And the fact that every single time I make cutout cookies I just get grumpy wishing I had a gorgeous huge Island in the middle of my kitchen all to my self. With enough space to lay out all my utensils and cookie sheets. That's got to be the reason.
For this reason I joined "Creative Cookie Exchange", to get me out of my comfort zone, and challenge me to test the stack of cookie recipes I've collected through out the years. I love being challenged each month with a different ingredient or theme.
This months theme was "Tropical Cookies"! I had a mason jar of Mango preserves I received recently for Christmas. And after the theme for February was announced I knew exactly how the preserves were going to be used up!
The cookie is a butter cookie made with dessicated coconut, sandwiched with delicious Mango preserves, dipped in a powder sugar glaze and dessicated coconut. Delicious! They were almost too pretty to eat.
Loved the cookie, despite the mess I made, and was happy I challenged myself with the recipe. I adapted the recipe from "YummyMummyClub". I left out the coconut extract in the glaze, and used half and half instead of milk.Pinterest Board and our monthly posts (you can find all of them here at The Spiced Life). You will be able to find them the first Tuesday after the 15th of each month! Also, if you are looking for inspiration to get in the kitchen and start baking, check out what all of the hosting bloggers have made:
- Chocolate Dipped Macadamia Nut Cookies by A Baker's House
- Coconut Mango Butter Cookies by Oven Delights
- Frosted Pineapple Shortbread Cookies by Magnolia Days
- Guava Lava Cookiess by Flours & Frostings
- Hawaiian Raincoast Crisps by All That's Left Are The Crumbs
- Key Lime White Chocolate Chunk Cookies by 2 Cookin' Mamas
- Lime Coconut Bars with Macadamia Nuts and White Chocolate Chunks by The Spiced Life
- Macadamia Nut and White Chocolate Chunk Cookies by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Mojito Sugar Cookies by Upstate Ramblings
- Passion Fruit Curd Shortbread Cookies by Live. Bake. Love.
- Pineapple Coconut Cookies by A Shaggy Dough Story
- Pineapple Macadamia Nut Shortbread by Food Lust People Love