Drop Cookies is the theme for this months Creative Cookie Exchange.
My favorite type of cookie to make! Drop cookies are always easy and quick to whip up!
I had quick oats I needed to use up from the pantry, which lead me to try this cookie. The cookie recipe called for ground nutmeg, and since I had a bottle of whole nutmeg I had recently purchased, I figured the recipe couldn't be more perfect!
These cookies turned out delicious! They reminded me of Christmas! The freshly ground nutmeg gave these cookies a delicious aroma. My son quickly popped his head into the kitchen just to ask why I was making Christmas cookies! I'm glad I gave the recipe a shot, now I have another Christmas cookie I can add to our Christmas cookie baskets!
Old Fashioned Soft and Chewy Oatmeal Cookies adapted from: The Comfort of Cooking
- 1 cup ( 2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 2/3 cup unbleached flour
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground nutmeg (fresh ground makes all the difference)
- 1 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with baking paper and set aside.
- Combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, baking powder, and ground nutmeg in a bowl and set aside.
- In bowl of a electric mixer, beat butter and sugars until fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and beat until combined. Add flour mixture and beat until combined. Add the quick oats and beat only until mixed.
- Using a cookie scoop to measure, drop the cookies onto baking sheet, 2 inches apart. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven. Cool cookies on baking sheets for at least 5 minutes before transferring cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Banana Walnut Cookies by Upstate Ramblings
- Brown Sugar Bacon Cookies by Food Lust People Love
- Chocolate Chip Cookies with Thyme Infused Browned Butter by The Spiced Life
- Chocolate-Toffee Crinkle Cookies by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Morning Glory Breakfast Cookies by A Shaggy Dough Story
- Old Fashioned Soft and Chewy Oatmeal Cookies by Oven Delights
- Peanut Butter and Banana Cookies by 2 Cookin Mamas
- Peanut Butter Graham Cookies (with Tallow!) by What Smells so Good?
- Pumpkin Spice Mocha Crinkle Cookies by All That's Left Are The Crumbs
- Reese's Pieces Cookies by A Baker's House
- Salted Caramel Nutella Cookies by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks