"Nuts in Cookies" is the theme for the "Creative Cookie Exchange" this month! Pistachio Biscotti has been on my to do list for a long time, and baking these delicious cookies couldn't come at a better time than the Holidays!
I found the cookies to be slightly sweeter than I expected, perhaps due to the addition of the cranberries. For this reason I skipped the coating of white chocolate I had planned on giving them. But by all means if you have a sweeter tooth than I do, then go ahead and give these a dip in white chocolate, making them a prettier presentation.
CRANBERRY PISTACHIO BISCOTTI
- 2 1/4 c. unbleached flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
- 1 c. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 1 c. raw pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 1 c. dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy for 6 minutes. Beat in eggs, one at a time, add vanilla and almond extract until combined, scraping down the bowl as needed.
- On low speed slowly add the flour mixture until combined, add the nuts and cranberries, just until mixed.
- Shape two loafs 13x2-inch, on parchment lined baking sheet, spacing the loafs 3 inches apart. Bake the loaves until golden, about 35 minutes.
- Cool the loaves on baking sheet for ten minutes. Lower oven temperature to 325.
- Slice the loaves on a cutting board, into 1/2 inch thick slices, using a serrated knife. Return the slices to the baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes on each side, until crisp and golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely before serving.
- Honey Mixed Nut Bars from All That's Left Are The Crumbs
- Butterless Walnut Chocolate Chunkers from What Smells So Good?
- Almond Linzer Cookies from Spiceroots
- Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti from Oven Delights
- Pistachio, Rosewater and Cardamom Shortbread Cookies from A Shaggy Dough Story
- Salted Chocolate Pecan Caramel Bars from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Pistachio Cranberry Rugelach from A Baker's House
- White Chocolate Cranberry Nut Cookies from 2 Cookin Mamas
- Biarritz Sandwich Cookies from The Spiced Life