Friday, October 20, 2017

Tarte aux Pommes




This Cake Slice bake didn't go exactly like planned. I had everything on hand for Octobers selection and I figured I get a head start on it. I decided to skip the tart pan since I don't own one. I made the apple compote while my dough chilled. The compote was done, and cooling when all of the sudden a tempered drinking glass in my sink exploded! Glass flew everywhere! I didn't want to risk glass fragments in my tart, I was left with no choice but dump the compote. 


After cleaning everything up I started rolling the Sweet Pie Dough out. I had quite a bit of trouble rolling it out since it quickly started getting soft. I think it was the amount of butter plus the egg yolks that made this pie dough pretty soft. 
I did add cinnamon, cornstarch, and a bit of sugar to my filling, and dotted it with butter. The apple tart turned out delicious! I served it with ice cream. It wasn't the presentation I was hoping for, but at least it turned delicious! Loved the Sweet Pie Dough recipe! 











7 comments:

Susanb said...

Oh, no! Sorry about your glass. Your tart ended up looking pretty good, especially with that melty ice cream on it!

All That's Left Are The Crumbs said...

How frustrating to have to start the compote again. It looks like you came back with a vengeance, because your tart looks fantastic. This is one I am definitely going to have to bake.

Elle said...

So sorry about the exploding glass. Kitchen accident always happen when we least want them to. Delicious looking tart, even if rustic. Good to know that the tart dough recipe is a good one.

Sandra Lee said...

Oh so sorry that happened! You recovered well and I love the addition of the extra spice. I wish I had done that and added more sugar. Serving it with ice cream is a delicious idea!

Unknown said...

It is so frustrating when things go wrong in the kitchen, especially when they involve glass!

kitchen flavours said...

Your tart looks wonderful, serving it with ice cream sounds really delicious!

Emily said...

Love your quick thinking solution by turning it into a galette! What a scary thing with the exploding glass