Monday, November 20, 2017

Chocolate Cinnamon Babka


We’re nearing the end of this baking season with The Cake Slice. November is when we start baking from a new book, but we’re doing things a little different. We should be baking from our new book in January, if all goes as planned. You’ll have to stay tuned for the reveal of our new book. 

                                                   
It’s not everyday we get to bake from recipes that call for yeast here at the Cake Slice. Which made this months selection exciting for me. I chose to bake the Chocolate Cinnamon Babka. I shaped my Babka into a twisted loaf instead of placing the loaf in a bundt pan, like the recipe called for. The baking books Babka picture wasn’t drawing my attention and looked more like a Kugelhopf cake. Curious to see what the difference was between both led me to gorgeous photos of twisted Babka. 


I’m glad I did my research before I shaped my loaf, loved the way it turned out.  This Babka turned out delicious, and wish I could say I ate most of it. This baby disappeared before I could grab a second slice! 



4 comments:

SusanB said...

Looks delicious and such a pretty braid!

Os bolos da anikas said...

hi Anabel
I love your bread it's so beautiful and seems to me so delicious!
It's understandable that no slice is left.
Xoxo
Ana
Http://acozinhadaanikasblog.wordpress.com

Emily said...

I adore the twist finishing you used, the result is beautiful! Glad that it very much appreciated in your house!

All That's Left Are The Crumbs said...

We were twins since we both chose the babka, and both chose to braid our breads rather than use the bundt pan. You did an amazing job!