Sunday, May 20, 2018

Cream Cheese Coffee Cake #TheCakeSliceBakers




This month with the Cake Slice Bakers I chose this delicious Cream Cheese Coffee Cake. This recipe called for lemon zest in the batter and the crumb topping. I was a little afraid this coffee cake might lean towards a lemon cake, but it wasn’t the case at all. 



The topping on this cake gave it a great texture. The lemon zest gave it a light delicious flavor. The crumb of the cake was perfect. The filling was also delicious. Loved everything about this cake, except the prep work. For some reason it took me awhile to get this Cake put together, and I can’t believe the mess I made. It was worth it! 


#atkcake

Each month The Cake Slice Bakers are offered a selection of cakes from the current book we are baking through.  This year it is The Perfect Cake from America's Test Kitchen #atkcake.  We each choose one cake to bake, and then on the 20th - never before - we all post about our cake on our blogs. There are a few rules that we follow, but the most important ones are to have fun and enjoy baking & eating cakes!

Follow our FacebookInstagram, and Pinterest pages where you can find all of our cakes, as well as inspiration for many other cakes. You can also click on the thumbnail pictures below to take you to each of our cakes, or visit our blogwhere the links are updated each month. If you are interested in joining The Cake Slice Bakers and baking along with us, please send an email to thecakeslicebakers at gmail dot com for more details.

The choices this month were Cream Cheese Coffee Cake, Chocolate-Beet Cupcakes, Rainbow Cake, and Swiss Hazelnut Cake.











4 comments:

SusanB said...

This one's going on my "to-make" list from the book. It looks so good!

All That's Left Are The Crumbs said...

Wow Anabel, your coffee cake looks fantastic! I agree that this has the right balance of lemon, cream cheese, and cake and I also made a mess in the kitchen with various bowls, spatulas, etc, which I did not think would happen after reading through the recipe. Well worth it though.

Sandra Lee said...

My kitchen was a mess when I got done with this cake and I used so many bowls and measuring spoons. My biggest problem was getting it out of the pan. Yours looks amazing and well worth all the work.

Kim said...

Your cake looks delicious! I can't wait to try this recipe.