Sunday, January 20, 2019

Madeira Cake #TheCakeSliceBakers


It’s a New Year, and a new book to bake from with the Cake Slice Bakers! Although last years book was fun to bake from, I’m always eager to bake from a new book. This years baking book is The European Cake Cookbook by Tatyana Nesteruk. 


For my first bake I chose the Madeira Cake. Lemons are in season and I cannot pass up the opportunity to bake with them. They are my favorite fruit to bake with. I do need to warn you that the cake batter is sinfully delicious! I couldn’t have licked bowl and spatula any  cleaner! I do believe we can blame the almond flour in the recipe for making this a delicious cake. Almond flour, butter, and zest, it’s a beautiful trio! 


Each month The Cake Slice Bakers are offered a selection of cakes from the current book we are baking through. This year it is The European Cake Cookbook by Tatyana Nesteruk. We each choose one cake to bake, and then on the 20th - never before - we all post about our cake on our blogs. There are a few rules that we follow, but the most important ones are to have fun and enjoy baking & eating cakes!

Follow our FacebookInstagram, and Pinterest pages where you can find all of our cakes, as well as inspiration for many other cakes. You can also click on the thumbnail pictures below to take you to each of our cakes, or visit our blogwhere the links are updated each month. If you are interested in joining The Cake Slice Bakers and baking along with us, please send an email to thecakeslicebakers at gmail dot com for more details.


Our choices this month are ~
  1. Birds Milk Torte
  2. Chocolate St. Honore Cake
  3. Madeira Cake
  4. Torte Birne Helene

Please visit our members to see what cake choice they baked up!









9 comments:

All That's Left Are The Crumbs said...

I agree it is so exciting to start a new book. Your first cake from The European Cake Cookbook looks fantastic - those lemons have a beautiful color.

SusanB said...

It looks so soft and fluffy (and delicious)!

Karen said...

It looks fantastic. I definitely loved this cake with the almond flour and lemons!

Amanda said...

Buttery-lemon-almond goodness? Yes please! Great job, it looks delicious!

Sandra Lee said...

This cake is one I definitely want to make. You did a great job and I'm looking forward to next month.

Elle said...

Such a beautiful lemon cake Anabel. The almond flour really does make the difference in both flavor and texture. Love how well your layers rose and the lemon slices are perfect.

Danielle said...

Such a beautiful cake! I really loved this one.

Kim said...

This cake looks delicious! It's definitely on my "to bake soon" list.

Gina said...

I can see why this cake was such a popular choice. It looks fabulous!