Sunday, March 24, 2019

Toscakaka Torte #TheCakeSliceBakers

I’m finally getting to this months cake. I didn’t get to bake the Creme Brûlée Cheesecake I had originally intended. This month had unexpected events that kept me from posting on time. 


I’m actually surprised I even baked at all. The weather has been a bit chilly and today it just felt like baking weather. I opened my book to review this months cake choices just in case I had the ingredients on hand to participate. I did! At least enough ingredients to bake half the cake.




I chose to bake the Toscakaka Torte. The batter turned out a beautiful caramel color. Loved the flavor! I baked my cake in a 8"round cake pan. 




My cake was done in 23 minutes. I thought I might have a problem when it came to serving the cake, thinking my cake might just not cooperate coming out of the pan. It was fine, it did not stick to the pan. 
The cake has a rich buttery flavor, and the caramel and almonds compliment it well! Quite delicious, it did not disappoint! 




Each month The Cake Slice Bakers are offered a selection of cakes from the current book we are baking through. This year it is The European Cake Cookbook by Tatyana Nesteruk. We each choose one cake to bake, and then on the 20th - never before - we all post about our cake on our blogs. There are a few rules that we follow, but the most important ones are to have fun and enjoy baking & eating cakes!

Follow our FacebookInstagram, and Pinterest pages where you can find all of our cakes, as well as inspiration for many other cakes. You can also click on the thumbnail pictures below to take you to each of our cakes, or visit our blogwhere the links are updated each month. If you are interested in joining The Cake Slice Bakers and baking along with us, please send an email to thecakeslicebakers at gmail dot com for more details. The Cake Slice Bakers also have a new Facebook group called The Cake Slice Bakers and Friends. This group is perfect for those who do not have a blog but want to join in the fun and bake through this book.










3 comments:

Karen said...

This really does look delicious. It was really hard to choose! I can't wait to try this cake.

Amanda said...

Looks delicious! Good to know that it didn’t stick in a regular cake pan.

Kim said...

Your cakes looks tasty! I'm planning to bake today, and I hope it comes out as well as yours did.