Monday, May 20, 2019

Amaretto Crème Cake #TheCakeSliceBakers


                                      

I knew instantly which cake I would choose to bake with the Cake Slice Bakers. This cake consists of layers of sponge cake soaked in a amaretto creme syrup, and filled with. decadent amaretto mascarpone cream. Heavenly! 


The past few months I have been more excited than ever to bake with the group. I’m only allowing myself to indulge once a month, and look forward to it each and every time! The hard part is staying disciplined to only a serving, and having to see the leftovers in the fridge for a few days afterwards.


I’m going to have to warn you the creme on the this cake is absolutely sinful, your going to want to take the entire bowl and eat every spoonful! It’s so good! It compliments the amaretto cream soaked sponge cake, it’s crazy good! Grab yourself a copy of this book and make this cake! 




Each month The Cake Slice Bakers are offered a selection of cakes from the current book we are baking through. This year it is The European Cake Cookbook by Tatyana Nesteruk. We each choose one cake to bake, and then on the 20th - never before - we all post about our cake on our blogs. There are a few rules that we follow, but the most important ones are to have fun and enjoy baking & eating cakes! Follow our Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest pages where you can find all of our cakes, as well as inspiration for many other cakes. You can also click on the thumbnail pictures below to take you to each of our cakes. If you have a blog and are interested in joining The Cake Slice Bakers and baking along with us, please send an email to thecakeslicebakers at gmail dot com for more details. The Cake Slice Bakers also have a new Facebook group called The Cake Slice Bakers and Friends. This group is perfect for those who do not have a blog but want to join in the fun and bake through this book.
Our choices for May 2019 were ~
Kladdkaka-Sticky Chocolate Cake Lemon Lavender Blackberry Cake Sirnek-Ukrainian Cherry Cheesecake Amaretto Creme Cake Kladdkaka-Sticky Chocolate Cake
Lemon Lavender Blackberry Cake
Amaretto Creme Cake
Sirnek-Ukrainian Cherry Cheesecake

7 comments:

Camilla M. Mann said...

This was my second choice...if the lemon lavender cake was a disaster. I will definitely have to give it a try now.

Karen said...

Wow! Your cake looks beautiful! I'm definitely going to have to try it.

Sandra Lee said...

The choices this month were over the top great and I was tempted to bake this cake along with the one I chose. This book is amazing and so is your cake! The frosting looks light as a cloud and is super smooth. Congrats on the bake and your willpower!

A Day in the Life on the Farm said...

This cake was my second choice. Well, to be honest it was my first choice but it seemed like a lot of work to me.

SusanB said...

Great minds think alike! Yours turned out beautifully.

Amanda said...

I've been thinking about your cake all day since I first saw the picture--yum! It looks totally decadent. Great work!

Kim said...

I can't wait to try this cake. It looks and sounds delicious.