This copy cat recipe is delicious! The cookie is soft, frosted with a delicious buttercream, and topped off with sprinkles! The best part is its not made with tons of preservatives or ingredients we can't even pronounce, and your not left behind with a chemical aftertaste. Its simply delicious!
My kids loved them and knew exactly what they resembled, grocery store cookies from the plastic container! They loved them!
Copy Cat Loft House Cookie Recipe
1 c. unsalted butter, at room temperature
2 c. sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 c. sour cream
6 c. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
Cream together butter and sugar. Beat in eggs and sour cream. Mix in dry ingredients. Cover and refrigerate overnight or at least 4 hours. Preheat oven to 425ºF.
Roll out dough to a 1/4 to 3/8 inch thickness using a generous amount of flour. Cut out shapes and bake on an ungreased cookie sheet for 7 to 8 minutes. Cool on wire rack. Frost and decorate as desired.
3 cups confectioners sugar
1 cup butter
5 tbsp. milk or heavy cream
1 tsp. vanilla extract
pinch of salt
food coloring (optional)
In a large bowl, cream together the confectioners' sugar, butter, and salt until smooth. Gradually mix in the milk and vanilla with an electric mixer until smooth, about 5 minutes. Color with food coloring if desired.
Pinterest Board and our monthly posts (you can find all of them here at The Spiced Life). You will be able to find them the first Tuesday after the 15th of each month! Also, if you are looking for inspiration to get in the kitchen and start baking, check out what all of the hosting bloggers have made:
- Aloha Linzer Cookies by All That's Left Are The Crumbs
- Cheese Hearts by Bakingyummies
- Chocolate Valentine Sugar Cookies by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Dark Chocolate Sugar Cookies by Flours and Frostings
- Double Chocolate Spritz Heart Cookies by The Spiced Life
- Happy Heart Lemon Cookies by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Meringue Hearts by Noshing With The Nolands
- Nutella Raspberry Cookies by Upstate Ramblings
- Pomegranate, Rose and White Chocolate Cookies by A Shaggy Dough Story
- Sour Cream Pecan Sandies by Magnolia Days
- Sweet Heart Cookies by 2 Cookin' Mamas
- Yin Yang Cookies by Food Lust People Love