Tuesday, January 19, 2016

LoftHouse Cookies: #CreativeCookieExchange



 The theme for this months Creative Cookie Exchange is Love & Hearts. I knew instantly which cookie I would bake! Loft House cookies have always been a Valentine's favorite for me. 


This copy cat recipe is delicious! The cookie is soft, frosted with a delicious buttercream, and topped off with sprinkles! The best part is its not made with tons of preservatives or ingredients we can't even pronounce, and your not left behind with a chemical aftertaste. Its simply delicious!  


My kids loved them and knew exactly what they resembled, grocery store cookies from the plastic container! They loved them! 


Copy Cat Loft House Cookie Recipe

1 c. unsalted butter, at room temperature
2 c. sugar
3 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 c. sour cream
6 c. flour 
1/2 tsp. salt 


Cream together butter and sugar. Beat in eggs and sour cream. Mix in dry ingredients. Cover and refrigerate overnight or at least 4 hours. Preheat oven to 425ºF.
Roll out dough to a 1/4 to 3/8 inch thickness using a generous amount of flour. Cut out shapes and bake on an ungreased cookie sheet for 7 to 8 minutes. Cool on wire rack. Frost and decorate as desired. 

Lofthouse Frosting

3 cups confectioners sugar
1 cup butter
5 tbsp. milk or heavy cream 
1 tsp. vanilla extract

pinch of salt 
food coloring (optional)

In a large bowl, cream together the confectioners' sugar, butter, and salt until smooth. Gradually mix in the milk and vanilla with an electric mixer until smooth, about 5 minutes. Color with food coloring if desired.






It is late January guys and you know what that means! Soon love will be in the air! Too corny? OK fine, but we all know Valentine’s Day is about to start trending, and we have the perfect cookies! Hearts, love, anything symbolizing hearts and love, we have it all! Check out our hearts and love cookies below and maybe make them for your loved ones! You can also use us as a great resource for cookie recipes. Be sure to check out our Pinterest Board and our monthly posts (you can find all of them here at The Spiced Life). You will be able to find them the first Tuesday after the 15th of each month! Also, if you are looking for inspiration to get in the kitchen and start baking, check out what all of the hosting bloggers have made:

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh yum! I adore Loft House cookies and these are perfect for Valentine's Day.

Robin @ A Shaggy Dough Story said...

I love, love, love those soft cookies so I know I'd love these too. So pretty!

akshatha said...

Adorable cookies ! Love the fluffy pink frosting ! Perfect Valentine cookies ...

Unknown said...

You have won me over with these gorgeous cookies, the sound perfect for Valentine's Day!

Karen said...

I love those sprinkles! Such cute little hearts. I've never heard of Loft House cookies, but yours look just wonderful and tasty.

Holly @ abakershouse.com said...

I had this type of cookie on my mind but for the life of me, I could not remember the name so I couldn't search online for the recipe. And here it is! Thanks! You've helped me tremendously and your cookies looks great!

Hezzi-D said...

I love these cookies! We get them at school every year on Valentine's Day and Halloween. Can't wait to make my own!

Anne said...

These look tasty, and the frosting is so pretty.

Laura said...

These look so homey and comforting (in a good way I mean lol). Yum!

Stacy Rushton said...

I must confess that I've never heard of Loft House cookies so I was looking forward to your post, Anabel. They are lovely!

Bakingyummies said...

I had never heard of Loft House cookies before but the idea of frosting over cookies is so irresistible! These cookies look pretty!

Linda@2CookinMamas said...

I've never heard of Loft House cookies either but these look so yummy! I mean, what is better than a soft cookie with sweet icing? They're perfect for Valentine's Day!

All That's Left Are The Crumbs said...

I know the exact cookies you are talking about in the store. I've never tried them because of the exact reason you mentioned - too many artificial ingredients. Thanks for providing the recipe to replicate them, as I have never tried Loft House cookies.